collapse
Job prospects for a graduate of Botany in NIgeria
3 Replies
July 05, 2013, 11:15:36 AM
    • View Profile
  • ABIDEMI
  • Forum Member
    Ikeja, Lagos Send PM
It's so amazing that after spending a minimum of four years in the university, most graduates of Botany do not get a job that would encourage them continue in their academic pursuits. The major problem I do not understand. Some graduates of Botany hear words like "it would have been better if you had studied chemistry or lab technology". I hope things get better for upcoming graduates like me.

July 18, 2013, 12:25:58 PM
    • View Profile
  • Destiny Dena
  • Forum Member
    Nigeria Send PM
Hi Bidemi, jst keep your hopes high but most improtantly, try to make yourself relevant to botany....read books and read vast, keep up with forums like this also and meet up with people in your field.you would be surprised at how easy your relevance would shoot at you!

August 21, 2013, 07:44:08 PM
    • View Profile
  • Anienge001
  • Forum Member
    Uyo Send PM
I know how it feels not finding a job after graduation. But look into what you studied in school. Identify the needs of your immediate environment and seek to meet these needs. By doing this, U create employment for yourself and others.
No matter how small, be consistent and you will be an employert of labour before U realize it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 07:42:19 PM by Anienge001 »

January 16, 2014, 01:07:03 PM
    • View Profile
  • Water-T
    None Send PM
My take - Building a career is not really about what you study, but how well you are able to interprete what you have learn positively wherever you find yourself?

* Ad